Cranberry Pomegranate Synbiotic Formula offers an essential support for the urinary tract system. A new advanced extraction technology produces the high potency phenolic extracts of organic cranberry and pomegranate
15 billion cfu/cap of certified strains of Traditional Bulgarian pedigreed probiotic with Therapeutic Foods in a synbiotic formula containing: L. casei, L. acidophilus, and B. longum plus Supernatant (inactive cells of L. bulgaricus, S. thermophilus and their metabolites) along with Cranberry Extract, organic, freeze dried; Pomegranate Extract, organic, freeze dried; Inulin from chicory root and D-Mannose, an essential sugar.
Advanced freeze-drying technology. 60 caps/bottle. 500 mg/cap. No excipients.
- Combination of Green Technology for highest phytonutrient potential and Microbiome Technology for pure cultures of Traditional Bulgarian strains of standardized referenced material with molecular identity confirmed routinely by DNA sequencing.
- Designed to provide powerful support for healthy urinary tract function, the Cranberry Pomegranate Synbiotic Formula contains: Cranberry Extract, organic, freeze dried (125mg); Pomegranate Extract, organic, freeze dried (62.5mg); Traditional Bulgarian Strains - L. casei, L. acidophilus, and B. longum(15 billion); Supernatant- inactive cells of L. bulgaricus, S. thermophilus plus their metabolites (62.5mg); Inulin from chicory root (62.5mg) and D-Mannose, an essential sugar (62.5mg), in a 500mg vegetarian capsule.
- Rigorously standardized organic freeze-dried Cranberry Extract containing exceptionally high levels of organic acids, proanthocyanins, anthocyanins, phenols, quinic acid, ellagic acid and quercetin, provides unique bacterial anti-adhesion properties for support of healthy resistance to uro-genital infections. Traditionally, cranberry has been used for the treatment and prophylaxis of urinary tract infections. Recent controlled trials support the use of cranberry for UTI. The mechanism of action focus primarily on the cranberry’s ability to prevent bacterial binding to host cell surface membranes. Specifically, cranberry inhibits hemagglutination of E. coli by expression of types 1 and P adhesins through the component compounds fructose and proanthocyanadins.
- Pomegranate supports a healthy inflammatory response, lipid levels, and resistance to infection. Supports healthy cardiovascular function. In combination with the cranberry fruit and extract, the pomegranate suppresses bacterial and fungal growth.
- Traditional Bulgarian Strains support healthy immune response and resistance to infection by colonizing the GI tract, thereby protecting the membrane from colonization by pathogenic organisms, reducing the intestinal pH which creates an unfavorable environment for E. coli and other potential pathogens, and producing antibiotic-like substances called bacteriocines. They stimulate healthy SigA production, as well as reduce pro-inflammatory cytokine profiles. They increase glycosylation of intestinal mucins (MUC2 and MUC3), which protects the intestinal cells against pathogenic adhesion.
- Supernatant inactive cells and metabolites act as antigens stimulating a healthy innate immune response, and cell-mediated and humoral immune response to provide rapid and strong resistance against bacteria and viruses. (For more discussion on the Traditional Bulgarian Strains and Supernatant please go to the library and select Supernatant Synbiotic dossier).
- D-Mannose is a naturally occurring essential sugar closely related to glucose. Unlike glucose, D-mannose is not converted to glycogen or stored in the liver, but is transported directly to the blood stream by the small intestine, where it is subsequently filtered through the mucus of the urinary tract. When D-Mannose is introduced, the E. coli preferably attach to the D-mannose molecules- forming a complex that is expelled in the urine. In combination with the Traditional Bulgarian Strains and the Cranberry Extract, D-Mannose provides a potent synergistic effect for urinary tract health.
- Inulin is a NDO (non digestible oligosaccharides) that serves as a source of food for Bifidobacteria and Lactobaccillus in the large intestine. It promotes the lowering of the pH of the GI tract membrane creating an unfavorable environment for pathogenic bacteria.
- No filler, flowing agents or excipients of any kind.