This is general information not necessarily directly related to the present novel Coronavirus. We will add references and further information as we learn more. Always speak with your doctor or a trained professional before taking any new products or following any advice. We may not entirely agree with some or all of the information below.
Santa Monica Homeopathic Pharmacy is committed to your health, resilience, independence, service and knowledge.
In 78 years of business we have seen a lot when it comes to disease. We have been following the Coronavirus (COVID-19) very closely since late December 2019, like we did with SARS in 2002/2003, Avian flu in 2008, Swine flu 2010, H1N1 in 2009 and MERS in 2012/2013, Ebola in 2014 and 2018, Ziki in 2016, and now Corona 2019/2020.
As we know, panic does not help anything and even worse among other things, it elevates cortisol, weakens the immune system, causes sleep problems and magnifies existing health problems.
The elderly, especially those with preexisting conditions like diabetes, Asthma, hypertension, heart and lung disease or immunocompromised can severely be affected. The virus does not appear to have negative effects on young and healthy middle age people, but there have been some cases in people under 30 that ended in loss of life. This information is changing daily and we will know more later. We know for sure elderly and those with chronic disease do much worse with this virus. People with stronger immune system, even in the healthy elderly should be better off in preventing or getting the disease or at the minimum, lessening the symptoms, but we will soon know better. There are many things people can do in addition to local and national guidelines, including diet and lifestyle changes.
Self detection does not take the place of being clinically tested, which might be available soon at pharmacy's.
• The simplest way to distinguish Coronavirus from the Common Cold is that the COVID-19 infection does not cause a cold, runny nose or cough with cold, but it does create a dry and rough cough.
• The virus is typically first installed in the throat causing inflammation and a feeling of dryness. This symptom can last between 3 and 4 days.
• The virus typically then travels through the moisture present in the airways, goes down to the trachea and installs in the lungs, causing pneumonia that lasts about 5 or 6 days.
• Pneumonia manifests with a high fever and difficulty breathing. The Common Cold is not accompanied, but there may be a choking sensation. In this case, the doctor should be called immediately.
• Experts suggest doing this simple verification every morning: Breathe in deeply and hold your breath for 10 seconds. If this can be done without coughing, without difficulty, this shows that there is no fibrosis in the lungs, indicating the absence of infection. It is strongly recommended to do this control every morning. but there is no clear science showing this will work for everyone.
• The virus creates enormous amounts of mucous that block the airways, which is one of the primary reasons for death.
All of the detections above can vary depending on your present health and inherent weaknesses.
- Immediately when you get home, remove your clothes and shoes, place the cloths in the washer. Leave them there until you do a wash.
- The virus hates heat and dies if it is exposed to temperatures greater than 80°F (27°C). Therefore hot drinks such as infusions, broths, teas, or simply hot water should be consumed abundantly during the day. These hot liquids kill the virus and are easy to ingest. Avoid drinking ice water or drinks with ice cubes.
- Raise your zinc (Zn Citrate & Zn Gluconate) and vitamin C (Lypo-Speric or Time-released) levels with food and supplements. Eat lots of fruits, vegetables and nuts high in zinc, and vitamin C.
- Ensure that your mouth and throat are always wet, never DRY. You should drink a sip of water at least every 15 minutes. WHY? Even when the virus enters through mouth, water or other liquids will get flushed through the esophagus directly into the stomach where gastric acids destroy the virus. If there is not enough water, the virus can pass into the trachea and from there to the lungs, where it is very dangerous. There are specific digestive gastric acid supplements that can help people naturally increase the stomach acids. People taking antacid or proton pump inhibitors might not have enough acids to destroy the virus.
- For those who can, sunbathe. The Sun's UV rays kill the virus and the vitamin D is good for you. Vitamin D + K2 supplements can be taken to help the immune system.
- The Coronavirus has a large size (diameter of 400-500 nanometers) so any face mask can stop it, no special face masks are needed in daily life.
- If an infected person sneezes or coughs near us, stay 10 feet (3.3 meters) away to allow the virus fall to the ground and prevent it from falling on you. You should also be concerned about counter surfaces.
- When the virus is on hard surfaces, it survives about 12 hours, therefore when hard surfaces such as doors, appliances, railings, etc. are touched; hands should be washed thoroughly and/or disinfected with a safe non-corrosive soap. This information continues to change.
- The virus can live on clothes, hair and skin between 6 and 12 hours. Common safe non-corrosive soap can kill it. Things that cannot be washed should be exposed to the Sun and the virus will die. Our sun is critical for our overall health.
- The transmission of the virus usually occurs by direct contact, touching fabrics, tissues or materials on which the virus is present.
- Washing your hands is essential, so go to the nearest sink every chance you get. Regular use of hand sanitizers are very toxic and are not the best thing to use. Our skin has good bacteria living on the surface protecting up from invading microbes. We know that overuse of antibiotic can cause us to become resistant to many other bacteria like MRSA. The same idea is considered with hand sanitizers, which destroy the good and bad bacteria on our skin. We are being told to use natural soap or natural antibacterial non-corrosive cleansers.
- The virus survives on our hands for only about 10 - 30 minutes. In that time many things can happen, rubbing the eyes, touching the nose or lips. This allows the virus to enter your throat. Therefore, for your good and the good of others, wash your hands often and disinfect them.
- You can gargle with safe and natural disinfectant solutions that eliminate or minimize the amount of virus that can enter the throat. Doing so removes the virus before it goes down to the trachea and then to the lungs.
- Use natural antiviral wipes to disinfect things touched often like cell phone, keyboard, mouse, car steering wheel, door handles, etc.
- Keep your diet clear of sweets/sugars, including fruit juices, alcohol and most simple carbohydrates.
- Wearing an N95 or better medical mask may reduce your expose, but it not a guarantee.
- Please share this information with family, friends and acquaintances.
As of 03/22/2020, there are no known modern medical treatments that clearly stop this virus. Besides the vitamin C and Zinc , people use immune building, antiviral, mucus dissolving supplements and teas, which have not been proven to work. Hot bathes around the clock may also be helpful since this virus does not like heat. (It might only slow the virus down and not stop it.) There are many other things people can do to prevent respiratory diseases. It appears we need to prevent the buildup of mucus in our airways.
We must take care of ourselves, for our good and the good of others. Below is a chart that compares this Virus to the Common Cold and Flu.
|Common (usually Dry)
|Common (usually Dry)
|Aches and Pains
|Runny or stuffy nose
Sometimes in children
|Shortness of breath
|Common in elderly and with preexisting health problems
There are possibility other symptoms depending on your pre-existing health problems and medications you use.
Like with all diseases; contagious or not, our lifestyle, environment, diet and happiness controls or homeostasis and ultimately our immune systems.
With this virus, in a short period of time, we should all have some sort of resistance to this virus through herd immunity, which comes from the ones who are infected today with the virus. However, this is still unown with this new virus.
Coronavirus patients should be isolated in their own hospitals without other patients in the same building. We still do not know all the different ways you can contract this virus. Since January, many Americans that were infected with the virus isolated themselves at home until they felt better. Many of them felt their life was not threatened by the sickness. China isolated Coronavirus patients in their own hospitals, which appeared to be helpful.
Authorities believe the death rate could be higher in certain countries because of the numbers of smokers. Smoking or vaping might place you at a higher risk or make the symptoms of this virus more severe.
The elderly, immune challenged or anyone with diabetes, Asthma, hypertension, cancer, heart or lung disease must CALL FIRST, DO NOT GO TO DOCTOR OFFICE OR ER. Medical centers are equipped with telemedicine triage.
Hand sanitizers like "P"
are anti-bacterial, so do they really help
are they safe and non-toxic if used often? Are they making the problem worse or creating new ones? We do know that our skin absorbs
a certain amount of anything we apply on it, depending on the outer layer of the skin called the stratum corneum
(SC). There are different opinions on this issue.
During this time, it might be best to avoid, dairy products, like milk and cream, alcohol in excess, bread/gluten and orange juice if you start having mucous symptoms. If you start feeling symptom, keep your diet lite and simple. Reserve your energy for your immune system.
Be careful not to create new health problems or diseases while preventing or resolving another.
Be aware the internet is now full of new website claiming they have test kit and cures. People are also going door to door selling many of these scams.
To monitor the Coronavirus, we have found these two websites that we have used in the past.
As with the media and science, we are also making changes every few hours as we learn more about this virus.
Santa Monica Homeopathic Pharmacy
Est. 1944 - 78 years helping our clients resolve health problems.