1. Prepare 3 layers of cotton flannel. Fold or cut the cloth into three thicknesses, creating a 3-layer pad (on average, about 6’ x 8” per sheet) to cover the area to be treated. For example, to use a castor oil pack over the abdominal area, the size of the flannel cloth would be 10 inches long by 8 inches wide (3 sheets thick). The packs can be small, smaller or slightly larger (up to 12”x 10”)
2. Cut a plastic sheet. Cut a plastic sheet so it is somewhat larger than the flannel cloth. The plastic is used to protect the heating pad from getting oily. Using a plastic garbage bag normally works fairly well, but it is best to avoid using plastic grocery bags, since they are usually printed with ink on one side which can dissolve and spread when exposed to castor oil.
3. Saturate cloth with castor oil. Place the flannel cloth on top of the plastic sheet. Then saturate it with castor oil (about 3-4 tablespoons). The cloth should be wet but not dripping. The saturated cloth should then be placed directly on the skin with the plastic sheet on top of it. Your plastic sheet should cover the entire exterior of the saturated flannel, since castor oil is likely to stain any fabric it touches.
4. Place heating pad over plastic sheet. Then, place a heating pad over the top of the plastic sheet on either a low or medium setting, or higher if it is comfortable. The heat will promote absorption, increase circulation, and help the body to relax. This is generally left in place for approximately 30 to 60 minutes (up to 1½ hours). You may place a bath towel over the top of the heating pad to help hold in heat and an elastic bandage to hold it in place.
5. Gallbladder Nano-Detox – Take ½ teaspoon in ¼ cup water immediately after using a castor oil pack; this helps to gently cleanse and detoxify the acidic secretions that are released after a castor oil pack.
6. Wash Off Area. After using the castor oil pack, cleanse the skin using a wash cloth and Premier Liquid Soap. Washing the area helps
clear acidic toxins which have been drawn out of the body during the treatment and helps prevent reabsorption of these toxins.