Free Shipping On Orders Over $75
Contact us if you have any questions or concerns about your health or products. Our staff is highly trained and board certified in modern and alternative medicine.
First Defense - Vitamin C - Echinacea
1. Barrett B, M.D., Ph.D. Echinacea for Upper Respiratory Infection: An Assessment of Randomized Trials. HNR; Vol 7, No 3; pgs 211-217; Fall, 2000
2. Bauer R. and Wagner H. Echinacea Species as Potential Immunostimulatory Drugs. Economic and Medicinal Plant Research 5;243-321, 1991
3. Burick J, et al. Medical Attributes of Echinacea spp. Coneflowers Wilkes University; July, 1997.
4. Melchart D, et al. Results of Five Randomized Studies on the Immunomodulatory Activity of Preparations of Echinacea. J Alt Comp Med. 1995;1(2):145-160
5. Tyler V. Herbs of Choice: The Therapeutic. use of Phytomedicinals. Binghamton, NY: Pharmaceutical Products Press; 1994
References (First Defense):
1. Olive Leaf extract Micol V., Caturla N., et al. The olive leaf extract exhibits antiviral activity against viral haemorrhagic septicaemia rhabdovirus (VHSV). Antiviral Res. 2005 Jun;66(2-3):129-36.
2. Walker, M, MD, Olive Leaf: Nature's Most Powerful Antibiotic, 1998.
3. Walker M, Olive Leaf Extract: The New Oral Treatment to Counteract Most Types of Pathological Organisms. Explorel. Vol. 7, No 4. 1996.
4. Bisignano G. et al. On the In-vitro Antimicrobial Activity of Olerupein and Hydroxytrysol. J. Pharm. Pharmacol. 1999. 55:pp. 971-74.
5. St Johns Wort Extracts from St. Johns Wort and their anti-microbial activity. P. Res, 2004
6. Hudson,JB et al, Antiviral Activites of Hypericum. Antiviral Res 15:101-12, 1991.
7. De Smet PA. Herbal remedies. St. Johns Wort New England Journal of Medicine. 2002;347(25):20462056.
8. Blumenthal M, Goldberg A, Brinckman J, eds. Herbal Medicine: Expanded Commission on St. Johns Wort E Monographs. Newton, MA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2000:359366.
9. Colloidal Silver Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database. Colloidal silver. Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database Web site. Accessed on December 11, 2006.
10. Canty,LM, Baranowski,Z, Colloidal Silver: The Antibiotic Alternative The Colloid Research Foundation,1994.
11. Powell, J, "Our mightiest germ fighter," Science Digest, 59-60, 1978.
12. Farber, MP., The Silver Micro Bullet. Prof Physicians Health Serv, Inc. Houston, 1995.
13. A.B.G. Lansdown, Silver I: its antibacterial properties and mechanism of action. Journal of Wound Care, Vol. 11, Iss. 4, 01 Apr 2002, pp 125 - 130
14. Larch Arabinogalactan Currier NL, Lejtenyi D, Miller SC. Effect over time of in-vivo administration of the polysaccharide arabinogalactan on immune and hemopoietic cell lineages in murine spleen and bone marrow. Phytomedicine. 2003 Mar;10(2-3):145-53
15. Larch arabinogalactan. Altern Med Rev. 2000 Oct;5(5):463-6
16. Kelly GS. Larch arabinogalactan: clinical relevance of a novel immune-enhancing polysaccharide.: Altern Med Rev. 1999 Apr;4(2):96-103
17. Hauer J, Anderer FA. Mechanism of stimulation of human natural killer cytotoxicity by arabinogalactan from Larix occidentalis. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 1993;36(4):237-44
18. Zinc gluconate
Hulisz D. Efficacy of zinc against common cold viruses: an overview. J Am Pharm Assoc. 2004 Sep-Oct;44(5):594-603.
19. Sazawal S, Jalla S, Mazumder S, Sinha A, Black RE, Bhan MK. Effect of zinc supplementation on cell-mediated immunity and lymphocyte subsets in preschool children. Indian Pediatr. 1997 Jul;34(7):589-97
20. Mossad SB, Macknin ML, Medendorp SV, Mason P. Zinc gluconate lozenges for treating the common cold. A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Ann Intern Med. 1996 Jul 15;125(2):81-8
21. Vitamin C H . Hemil„ Vitamin C supplementation and common cold symptoms: factors affecting the magnitude of the benefit.Med Hypothesis. 1999. Vol. 52 , Iss. 2 , Pg. 171 - 178
22. Douglas RM, Hemil„ H, Chalker E, Treacy B. Vitamin C for preventing and treating the common cold. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2007 Jul 18;(3):CD000980
23. Sasazuki S, Sasaki S, Tsubono Y, Okubo S, Hayashi M, Tsugane S. Effect of vitamin C on common cold: randomized controlled trial. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2006 Jan;60(1):9-17
24. Hemil„ H. Vitamin C supplementation and respiratory infections: a systematic review. Mil Med. 2004 Nov;169(11):920-5
25. Hemil„ H, Louhiala P. Vitamin C for preventing and treating pneumonia. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2007 Jan 24;(1):CD005532
References (Vitamin C):
1. Immune response and Vitamin C: Hartel C, Puzik A, Gopel W, Temming P, Bucsky P, Schultz C. Immunomodulatory effect of vitamin C on intracytoplasmic cytokine production in neonatal cord blood cells. Neonatology. 2007;91(1):54-60.
2. H„rtel C, Strunk T, Bucsky P, Schultz C. Effects of vitamin C on intracytoplasmic cytokine production in human whole blood monocytes and lymphocytes. Cytokine. 2004 Aug 21-Sep 7;27(4-5):101-6.
3. Bsoul SA, Terezhalmy GT. Vitamin C in health and disease. J Contemp Dent Pract. 2004 May 15;5(2):1-13.
4. Wintergerst ES, Maggini S, Hornig DH. Immune-enhancing role of vitamin C and zinc and effect on clinical conditions. Ann Nutr Metab. 2006;50(2):85-94
We have well over 200 years of collective knowledge in modern
and alternative medicine. We help our client's
restore their health.